Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On Thinking

"According to Kant, thinking is 'talking with oneself... hence also inwardly listening.'

Thinking is going through, in your brain, what you are going to do in the future. You are thinking constanly and are even thinking when you are asleep.

I understand what this quote is telling me. I also agree with it completely. When I think, it's like im talking to myself silently. So, obviously, if someone is talking silently to themself they would also need to be listening to what they are saying. Sometimes we don't even know that we are thinking about something or we think about the wrong thing at the wrong time. Has your parents ever said, "What were you thinking?" The truth is yes you were thinking. You might not have thinking of the right thing such as the consequences you might get from doing it. You might be thinking of how fun it will be, which is the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Everyone is thinking all the time. I bet you are thinking right now. So talk to yourself but listen very carfully. Think about what you are going to do.

No comments: