Friday, April 18, 2008

Education Paper

Education


Education is one of the most important things in life. Everyone needs some kind of education. This is how we have doctors, lawyers, and dentists. They have all been through many years of education. I have learned a lot of things throughout my life time, and one of them is that not only teachers can teach you. You learn almost everything from just living your life.

I learned a lot just from watching the movie Dead Poet’s Society. I saw how many different things influence you and your choices involving education. One thing that has a lot of influence on you is your parents. In the movie, Neil’s dad tries to control what he does and where he goes to college. He even tells him to quit the play even though he is getting straight A’s. He doesn’t stop to think about what he wants to do or what he wants to be. I think that parents should listen to you and what you want in life. They should encourage you to do better and support you on what ever you want to do.

I also know that friends have a lot of influence on your education. Every year I sign up for classes that I’m going to take the next year, and every year I ask my friends if they are taking this class. That is only because I work better if I know someone in my class. I feel more comfortable.

Teachers are a big part of education. But I think it depends on the teacher. If the teacher makes the class fun, I will learn a lot more. But if the teacher is more like “Let’s follow along in the book.” I just don’t focus as well and don’t learn as much.

You also have to learn in different ways to really get what you are learning. Like if you look at something in one way, you should look at it in a different way. You get a whole new perspective on things and learn a lot more. If there is one thing that I learned from all of this it is that you learn something new everyday.

No comments: